Our Elected Leaders
The management of the affairs of the church is vested in a Board of Stewards. This Board consists of a Moderator, Vice-Moderator, Operating Council Chair, Leadership Council Chair, Secretary, Finance Committee Chair and an At-Large Representative. Members are nominated to fill these Board positions by the Nominating Committee. The nominees are approved by a voting majority of members of the congregation.
Board of Stewards 2017 – 2018
- Moderator, Bob Larkin
- Vice Moderator, Scott Krell
- Secretary, Robin Barton-Smith
- Finance, Erik Craft
- Operating Council Chair, Wendy Sprout
- Leadership Council Chair, Vacant
- Member at Large, Brenda Clarkson
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Periodic examination of the purpose of the church to establish and modify programs and long-range goals;
- Establish policies consistent with the church’s purpose.
- Appoint the chair of any special Ad Hoc committees.
- Provide guidance to committee chairs and council chairs.
- Maintain the financial accountability, integrity and viability of the church.
- Establish policies regarding appropriate risk management for church activities.
- Ensure specific financial activities are conducted.
- Conduct congregational meetings.
- Oversee the maintenance of a membership list.
- Oversee the canvass of members for annual financial contributions.
- Review church activities to determine the need for particular committees.
- Periodic appointment of a committee to review the bylaws.